Asked by: Lavon Lesch Sr.
Score: 4.3/5 (56 votes)
When the “Outlook cannot connect to server” error persists, check if your computer is connected to the Internet. ... If it doesn't, look at the network adapter or restart your PC and router to see if that fixes your Internet connection. An important note here. Outlook requires a stable Internet connection to work.
What do you do when Outlook says Cannot connect to server?
Troubleshooting Guides for Outlook Cannot Connect to Server
- Method 1: Uncheck Offline Mode.
- Method 2: Restart Your Outlook.
- Method 3: Rebuild Data Files.
- Method 4: Repair the Office Install.
- Method 5: Recreate Your Profile.
How do I get Outlook to connect to the server?
Is it Your Exchange Server Connection?
- In the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Other tab then click Advanced Options.
- Check the box next to “Enable logging (troubleshooting)”
- Click OK and restart Outlook.
How do I fix email not connecting to server?
Cannot send emails: How to fix email sending issues
- Check your internet connection. Yup. ...
- Check your SMTP server details. ...
- Verify all usernames and passwords. ...
- Check your SMTP server connection. ...
- Change your SMTP port. ...
- Control your antivirus or firewall settings.
Why does my Outlook have trouble connecting?
Account corruption: Another reason why you might not be able to connect Outlook to the network is that the account you are using is somehow corrupt or having issues of its own. When this happens, the application will not be able to make use of your account to log into the mail server.
28 related questions found
What does it mean when you can't connect to the server?
Cannot connect the computer to the server because either another software installation is in progress or, the computer has a restart pending. Either complete the installation process, or, restart the computer and try to connect it again.
How do I fix Outlook problems?
How to Fix Common Outlook Problems
- Start Outlook In Safe-Mode. ...
- Run The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant. ...
- Run The Inbox Repair Tool. ...
- Repair Office. ...
- Remove Outlook From Your Startup Folder. ...
- Stop Performing a Send/Receive When Exiting Outlook. ...
- Update All Your Add-Ins. ...
- Try It On a Another Machine.
How do I connect to the server?
How to connect to your server with Windows
- Double-click on the Putty.exe file you downloaded.
- Type the hostname of your server (normally your primary domain name) or its IP address into the first box.
- Click Open.
- Type your username and press Enter.
- Type your password and press Enter.
How do I connect my email to the server?
Android (native Android email client)
- Select your email address, and under Advanced Settings, click Server Settings.
- You'll then be brought to your Android's Server Settings screen, where you can access your server information.
Why is my mail not working?
Restart your device. It may just be the case that your emails have gotten stuck and a restart can usually help reset things and get it working again. ... Next check that all of the settings for your account are correct as sometimes your device can run an update and change some of the settings on your email account.
How do I clear my cache in Outlook?
Delete the Outlook Cache
- Save any work and close Outlook.
- Press Windows key+R.
- In the Run dialog box, enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and press Enter.
- Double-click the RoamCache folder to view the cache files. ...
- To delete the cache files, press and hold the Shift key while selecting all of the files.
How do I get a free SMTP server?
Free SMTP Servers – The Best Onc To Choose
- SendinBlue – 9000 Free Emails Every Month Forever.
- Pepipost – 30,000 Free Emails | 150,000 Emails @ Just $17.5.
- Pabbly – Unlimited Emails | 100 Subscribers.
- Elastic Emails.
- Amazon SES.
How do I find out what my SMTP server is?
Click "Tools," then "Accounts," then "Mail" if you are using the popular Outlook Express program for your email. Select the "Default" account, and choose "Properties" from the menu. Choose the "Server" tab and choose "Outgoing Mail." This is the name of your SMTP server.
What is my mail server?
Then click Account Settings > Account Settings. In the Email tab, double-click the account that is the old email. Below Server Information, you can find your incoming mail server (IMAP) and outgoing mail server (SMTP) names.
How do I get my iPhone to connect to the server?
Connect servers or external devices with Files on iPhone
- Tap. at the top of the Browse screen. ...
- Tap Connect to Server.
- Enter a local hostname or a network address, then tap Connect. ...
- Select how you want to connect: ...
- Tap Next, then select the server volume or shared folder in the Browse screen (under Shared).
What does unable to connect to server mean on iPhone?
Mail. If the iPhone displays a "Cannot Connect to the Server" error message when you're sending an email with the Mail app, it's usually due to the outgoing mail server settings. ... In the General Settings panel, choose "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and tap the account you want to use.
How do I find the server?
Follow these instructions to find your computer's Host Name and MAC address.
- Open the command prompt. Click on the Windows Start menu and search “cmd” or “Command Prompt” in the taskbar. ...
- Type in ipconfig /all and press Enter. This will display your network configuration.
- Find your machine's Host Name and MAC Address.
How do I fix Outlook login problems?
Repair a profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016
- In Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016, choose File.
- Choose Account Settings > Account Settings.
- On the Email tab, choose your account (profile), and then choose Repair. ...
- Follow the prompts in the wizard, and when you're done, restart Outlook.
Why did Outlook stop working?
Repairing your Office programs can resolve issues with Outlook not responding or freezing. Errors in Office files are repaired automatically. Quit any Office programs that are running. ... In the list of installed programs, right-click Microsoft Office 2016 or Microsoft Office 2013, and then choose Change.
How do I get my server back online?
Unable to Access Internet - Top Five Steps To Get Back Online Now
- Call your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The first step is to rule out any area-wide problems with your ISP. ...
- Reboot your network bridge. Find your cable/DSL modem or T-1 router and power it down. ...
- Ping your router. Try to ping your router's IP address.
Can't connect to server but have WiFi?
If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn't work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it.
How do you fix a server error?
How to Fix the 500 Internal Server Error
- Reload the web page. ...
- Clear your browser's cache. ...
- Delete your browser's cookies. ...
- Troubleshoot as a 504 Gateway Timeout error instead. ...
- Contacting the website directly is another option. ...
- Come back later.
Can I create my own SMTP server?
When it comes to building an SMTP server, there are a couple of routes that you can take. You can use a hosted SMTP relay service that provides scalable email relaying capabilities right out of the box. Or you can setup your own SMTP server, by building on top of an open source smtp server solution.